Greengate Brewery Manchester
Before it became a brewery, the building was a row of cottages built in the 17th century. The exact date they were built is unknown but deeds refer to a Greengate House on the site in 1791. John Lee brought the cottages in 1828 with the hopes of becoming a brewer. This he successfully did. During the sinking of the brewery well in the 19th century several workmen lost their lives. In the 1930’s a supervisor went missing and his body was eventually found at the bottom of the well. The brewery is still in business today.
A few ghosts have been witnessed at the brewery including a woman in the boardroom. A woman in a long dark dress and a figure in a white cloak are seen, also objects get moved and strange noises are heard.