Preston Manor Brighton
The manor was originally built in 1600 and had a number of different tenants. It was inherited by the Western family in 1705 and was rebuilt in 1738 by Thomas Western. The entire estate was later purchased by William Stanford in 1794. Additions were made to the building in 1905 and gave the building the look we see today. The garden is also a place for the family’s pet cemetery. The house remained with the Stanford Family until Sir Charles and Lady Ellen Thomas Stanford bequeathed it to The Corporation of Brighton in 1932. Parts of the house and the gardens are now open to the public.
Some of the ghosts seen here are a helpful medieval nun, a white lady, a grey lady and a disembodied hand. Also people hear things for example the jingling of bells and strange smells are noticed with no reasoning for their source.