Tissington Hall Derbyshire
The Tissington estate came into the hands of the FitzHerbets when Nicnolas Fitzherbet married the Tissington heiress Cicely Francis around 1465. The hall was built by Francis FitzHerbet in 1609; it replaced a moated manor house that was north of the church. Over the years the hall has been extended, the top floor was added in 1700, the west aspect was remodelled in 1780 and in 1902 the library and billiard room was completed. The hall has always been the family home of the FitzHerbets. During the Civil War the hall was garrisoned by Colonel FitzHerbet in support of the king. The hall now belongs to Sir Richard FitzHerbet, his wife Lady Caroline and their children. As well as being a family home it is open to the public as a tearoom and is a venue for weddings.
The hall is known to have many ghosts. Some include Mina FitzHerbet who died from her injuries caused by a fire at the hall, a man walks in the cellar, in room 4 the bed has been known to rock and there can be a smell of lavender.