Treasure Holt Essex
This building dates back to 1138. In its earlier days it was known as Pearls Farm and for many years before that it was a coaching inn. There are many stories about this place including robberies, witchcraft, murder and highway men. In 1928 a brick floor was being re-laid and some leather buckles, human bones and a token was found which dated from 1793. Treasure Holt today is still an isolated building which is set back from the road along a long lane and for people who do not know it is there it could easily go unnoticed.
Treasure Holt has a reputation as being very haunted, some of the phenomena include a cavalier, a monk, a man in one of the doorways and a lady in a crinoline dress. The sound of footsteps are also regularly heard